Wednesday, April 02, 2008

what's a tortoise

To those of you wondering what was up with yesterday's post, there's a very simple explanation...

(I bet you didn't realize how good I look in a form-fitting black jumpsuit.)

Yep, Skrulls. It may sound a little far-fetched, but the conspiracy stretches far wider than you could possibly imagine.

Dave Campbell? Skrull. Kevin Church? The hardest-drinking Skrull in the comics blogging biz. In fact the only comics bloggers who don't pledge allegiance to the Skrull Empire are Mike Sterling (who is actually a Space Phantom), Chris Sims (secretly a Life Model Decoy with wonky logic circuits), and Dorian (who is, appropriately enough, a Manhunter).

It's been the reality for some time now. In fact, every mistake -- grammatical, factual, or typographical -- that has appeared in Armagideon Time was actually the result of Skrullian intervention. Every post, joke, or musical selection that has been less than inspired? Same deal.

The moments of pure genius are entirely my handiwork, however.

Tubeway Army - Are You Real? (from Tubeway Army, 1978) - Ideal mood music for those long Voight-Kampff sessions.

6 comments:

Kevin Church said...

CURSE YOU, ANDREW.

YOU DIE NEXT.

Bully said...

Foiled again! Retreat to the homeworld! Retreat!

Ken Lowery said...

I begged and pleaded for the Skrulls to supplant me. But they didn't want to. :(

bitterandrew said...

Ken: That's because the Skrulls have decided to opt for nationally-syndicated movie reviewers instead.

sean witzke said...

Really, I thought we were reptoids... did I miss a meeting?

Anonymous said...

Nobody believes me when I explain that I'm one of Karza's dog soldiers.