"Say, Mr. Mummy, you're looking a little down in the facial wrappings. How about you tell old Unca Cap what's bothering you. You'll feel a lot better, trust me. Why, just the other day I talked It! The Living Colossus down off a ledge."
"Well, if I had to hazard I guess, I'd attribute that to your poor anger management skills, not to mention your ghastly and hideous appearance. As I used to tell the Blazing Skull back in Dubya Dubya Two..."
"Uh, Mr. Mummy? Are you listening to me, son?"
"Look, the truth hurts, and the sooner you learn to accept it....Hey!"
The Verdicts - The Mummy's Ball (from These Ghoulish Things, 2005) - A lovely bit of vintage Brooklyn doo wop with spooktacular overtones.
Kwentin Quisp - The Way Out Mummy (from the Bent, Batty, & 'Bnoxious compilation, 1988) - Occupying a twisted patch of ground between "Monster Mash" and "King Tut" in the bizarre realm of novelty recordings.
(For the record, this is officially the stupidest post I've ever done for Armagideon Time.)
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Halloween Countdown: October 21 – the long lost cousin to King Farouk
Posted by
bitterandrew
at
10:35 PM
Labels: doo wop, halloween, mummy, novelty songs, what the hell am I doing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
No, "stupid" would mean worthy of mocking and with no entertainment value at all. This is sheer goofy brilliance. Giggle-worthy, which is a wonderful thing indeed.
Completely enamored with your blog. Thanks for this!
Nice music blog!
Who is Kwentin Quisp and where did you acquire this gem? The compilation came out in '88, but the song sounds as though it may date a couple decades earlier.
Bent, Batty, & 'Bnoxious is a collection of vintage rock and roll novelty cuts of the type that some (but not I) would label as "terrible."
I assume the song was an attempt to ride the coat tails of The Monster Mash's success, albeit in the weirdest possible way. Bad Manners did a cover of the song, sans the faux Egyptian yodeling, a couple years back on their album Stupidity.
Any idea how I can obtain it? A cursory sniff around the 'net makes it seem hard to find.
Post a Comment