Yesterday's post was a bit of a downer (though my wife and I thank everyone who offered their condolences), so I figured I'd change the tone today, and offer something a little more happy and upbeat. Something that really captures the essence of the season for me. Something like this track...
Throbbing Gristle - Persuasion (fron 20 Jazz Funk Greats, 1979)
Boy, doesn't that just lift your spirits and brighten your day? It also makes for a relaxing listen on those nights where you're having trouble sleeping.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Halloween Countdown: October 11 – it's fun when it's fun
Posted by
bitterandrew
at
5:35 PM
Labels: celebration, halloween, industrial, postpunk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
When I can't find the Ray Connif albums. I always go for the Gristle cd's instead, a song and a smile every time.
Or the soothing lullaby of Lou Reed singing The Kids, and perhaps Reality Asylum by Crass just before lights out for the night.
That's a freaky-looking panel... it looks like something from Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol, only much older.
What's it from?
It's from The Defenders #99 (Sept. 1981), written by J.M. DeMatteis and art by Don Perlin and Joe Sinnott.
Thanks. I actually had that comic in years gone by. It'll return to my collection come Essential Defenders Vol 5 or 6, I reckon.
If the brass band have no faces, how exactly are they playing their instruments?
Ah, the Sage family reunion. Vic always throws the best parties.
Post a Comment