Sunday, December 16, 2007

12 Days of Christmas - Day 3: la imagen pública se limitó


I've said it a couple times already, but I haven't been really feeling the holiday spirit this year. It's not from a lack of trying or some halfhearted salvo in the War on Christmas (which seems to only exist in the heads of attention-starved culture warriors); it simply is, without any reason apart from these past weeks being so aflutter with other issues that I haven't had the time to stop and smell the balsam.

Maybe I should whip up batch of gingerbread and queue up a playlist of some perennial holiday favorites -- like today's featured track, a festive little number which combines equal parts Jose Feliciano and John Lydon to excellent effect...

El Vez - Feliz Navidad (from Merry MeX-Mas, 1994)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The opening to this track is (sloppily) ripped straight from 'Public Image' by Public image Ltd. which goes on to be a far better song. No hating, i just had to mention it.

Anonymous said...

...which I realize you probably already know after getting to the bottom of your post...

Bully said...

"No, Lupita!"

Vic Arpeggio said...

Hmmph! I literally just used that very same lobby card as the cover of this year's version of my annual Xmas CD. I was going to have El Vez's "Santa Claus Is Sometimes Brown" immediately follow it, but Big John Greer's "I Wanna See Santa Do The Mambo" ended up making the cut.

Your blog is GREAT.