Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I pull my shirt off and pray

This is a short reminder to my American readers to go out and vote today, preferably for Democratic candidates. To quote Crass, “It’s time to turn the tables. The future must be ours.” (I'm finding it hard to be too optimistic after decades of disappointment.)

The Soviettes – Multiply & Divide (from LP III, 2005)

Arcadia – Election Day (from So Red the Rose, 1985)

A couple other shoutouts, while I’m here:

Friend Dave Lartigue of Dave Ex Machina is running a contest, and the prize is a signed copy of Bryant Paul Johnson’s minicomic, Teaching Baby Paranoia. The extremely simple contest rules can be found here.

Friend CJ has started up a new blog, 8-Bit Gadfly, dedicated to old and unusual videogames. First up, an import NES title based on Dio’s “Holy Diver.”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES ... Gratuitous Duran Duran reference!

YES - We NEED REAL CHANGE ... VOTE!