I'm feeling a little woozy from all the candy I ate last night and still have a ways to go getting the house in order before the wife gets home, so here's an All Saints' Day linkblog post in lieu of actual content.
The best political commentary of this election season.
Satire is not only merely dead, it's really most sincerely dead.
Dorian celebrates Dario Argento's works in all their uneven glory.
Bully explains why ham should not be served at weddings.
Speaking hilarious truth to geekdom.
...and, finally, some sad news that I didn't get chance to address during the Halloween Countdown:
Teenage Head frontman, Frankie (Kerr) Venom, died from throat cancer at the age of 51.
Teenage Head - Picture My Face (from Teenage Head, 1979) - Punk at its purest -- hooky, snotty, and exuberant.
Saturday, November 01, 2008
today I need some hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awful news about Frankie Venom. Loved Teenage Head, especially Frantic City, one of my favorites from the 80s. I saw them once around the time of that record. Great show.
It's a shame he's passed and it's a shame they never caught on in the U.S. They were a terrific group, one of Canada's finest.
No kidding. There are a rare few acts that just grab you from the moment you hear them, and that was my experience with Teenage Head.
Aw that's terrible.
Andrew, let's hear you say "woozy" on a future edition of Pronounced Woo-Bin
Post a Comment