Tuesday, November 04, 2008

night turns to day

Election 2008 -- this time it's personal.

It's not about validating a flawed system of governance or overreaching hopes for meaningful change or some lingering vestiges of patriotic idealism.

It's about spite, an opportunity to flip the bird at the sanctioned looters and their legion of sanctimonious thugs which have run roughshod over everything that is sane and decent for the last eight years.

That's more than enough for me.

A Popular History of Signs - Land of the Free (from Comrades, 1984) - I suppose I could have went with Arcadia again, but why settle for post-Duran leavings when this New Order-y slice of obscure synthpop will suffice?

A final note to my readers in the Golden State: You are voting "no" on Proposition 8, right?

7 comments:

Rol said...

God, I wish I had a vote.

Danoftomorrow said...

Don't worry. This California voter got your back...

Anonymous said...

As a California voter, yes I am voting No on 8.

Only Hitler would vote yes on 8

Highlander said...

Ignorant UK reader ahoy! Proposition 8?

Unknown said...

8 bans gay marriage in CA. Apparently mucho dinero is pouring in from Mormons in Utah and other Christian groups around the country to make this even an issue here. They have the nerve to say that gay marriage will be "taught" in schools and that it somehow "threatens" "regular" marriage. I hope Captain Marvel Shazams a lightning bolt up their collective asses. Or better yet Black Adam rolls through and takes revenge on their god for killing all those kids in Egypt. Barring that, I voted today and did my part in shooting it down. Pricks

a Tart said...

8=hate, at least they give us good fodder for demo chants :)

It's a beautiful night here in Chicago for a party!

xoxo,
Tart
(note my new blog addy)

bitterandrew said...

You lucky Tart!

(I'll update the sidebar link once the election madness is over. Someday I'll move to WP...)