Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Countdown: October 17 - rolling bones

I dunno, I think it's kind of necromantic!

Well, I thought it was funny.

In all seriousness, she is a bit on the skinny side and terrible at making conversation, though I have been told that the sex is fantastic.

XTC - Poor Skeleton Steps Out (from Oranges & Lemons, 1989) - If there's one thing I have learned from a life of popcult immersion, it's that "xylophones = skeletons." Vibraphones, too, though the verdict is still out on the marimba's association with the restless dead.

2 comments:

PJ said...

The ol' second mate played the bones.
Said it was the best instrument because he could hold his drink in the other hand.(shrugs) Folkies.

XTC's "Scarecrow People" (same album) has its own nightmare-inducing qualities.

bitterandrew said...

Indeed it does. It was a nice surprise for the folks who showed up because of "Mayor of Simpleton."