Ah, crap.
I was all set to switch off the lights and lock this place up for good, but no sooner did I post my goodbye and clear the files off the server than two wise friends of mine made me reconsider my decision. I wish they spoke to me before I started breaking shit down.
Speaking to my friends and explaining my reasons for wanting to call it quits made me realize how fond I’ve gotten of this place. It’s a hassle at times. It burns up too much of my free time. I hate having to expend the effort to block assholes who hotlink to my files.
But I didn’t realize how much I’d miss doing this.
I’ll restore the music files for December later, but for now here’s something to tide you over. It’s a mission statement and tribute to Joe Strummer, dead four years tomorrow, all in one.
The Clash – Capital Radio Two (from 1979’s The Cost of Living EP, collected on Super Black Market Clash, 1994) - That new box set of The Clash's singles looks fantastic, although the one single per CD gimmick is a little impractical for casual listening. I'd pick it up for the "Justice Tonight/Kick It Over" 12" dub mixes of "Armagideon Time" alone.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
How can we say goodbye if you don’t leave?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Joe Strummer, good man. I always saw him live whenever he was in town. What an awesome musician/songwriter. Still miss him.
wow--four years already! Damn!
And glad you are keeping it going!!
I'm assuming that talking about why you wanted to shutter the place is no fun; I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're sticking around.
With or without the free music, it's one of my favorite reads online, and I'd miss it.
Post a Comment