Given the present state of the world, it's only natural to feel a little depressed. That's why I've decided to brighten your day with some uplifting content taken from "The Day Happy Died," a heartwarming tale from The Witching Hour #47 (October 1974).
Little Rusty Boland is in a bit of a funk. His house has burned down, his parents have abandoned him, and most devastatingly, his faithful dog Happy has trotted off to Doggie Heaven.
Rusty perks up a bit when he spots what appears to be Happy's ghost wandering around the neighborhood. The poor kid follows the pooch into the local cemetary, where a (not entirely) shocking revelation awaits...
Wow! Who didn't see that coming?
Well, at least Happy is safe, right?
"That's right, kids! Not only will you die horribly and your spirit will walk the earth for all eternity, but your beloved pets will waste away and die from broken hearts! Sweet dreams, little ones!"
I know I'm feeling much happier now. How about you?
Danse Society - We're So Happy (from Gothic Rock, 1994) - It's a repost, yes, but of a very fine piece of 80's gothica that fits today's theme so perfectly that I couldn't resist.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Halloween Countdown: October 25 - comfort and joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I dunno. This generation is so self-absorbed, I imagine a kid would think it only natural that his/her pet should not go on living w/out him/her.
Now you brats get off my lawn!
Post a Comment