It’s 8:25; do you know where your pets are?
Sure, they pretend to be all lovey-dovey and cute, but that’s just an act, trust me. They’re just biding their time, waiting for the signal to begin their mass insurrection. I’m telling you this as a man who was once attacked by a ten pound rabbit. My wife insists it was a mistake. The “poor, sweet” bunny thought I was sitting on top of his snacks, but I know better. The public at large may have mocked Jimmy Carter back in the day, but the killer rabbit threat is all too real and represents only a part of the overall conspiracy.
We took our male kittens to the clinic today to be neutered. I was just in the spare room checking up on them, and I could feel their vengeful intent, dulled as it was by the vestiges of their anesthesia daze. One doesn’t have to be a Rex Harrison (or even an Eddie Murphy) to understand what little Witch Baby (Leon Trotsky in Felis silvestris catus form) was thinking as he glared at me with those sinister copper eyes. “Payback’s a bitch, you hairless ape. Now scratch my tummy and bring me some Pounce.”
Here are two spooktacular tracks dealing with the theme of animal insurrection:
Erasure – Supernature (from EBX 3, 2001) – Consider this my modest little nod in honor of National Coming Out Day. When I was first deciding on a tracklist for the Halloween countdown, I briefly considered using Cerrone’s original version of this Lene Lovich composition, but passed on it for some reason I can’t recall. (Credit goes to synthpop snob Kevin Church for reminding me of this excellent cover. )
Wall of Voodoo – Animal Day (from Dark Continent, 1981) – REISSUE. THIS. ALBUM. NOW. PLEASE.
Sure, they pretend to be all lovey-dovey and cute, but that’s just an act, trust me. They’re just biding their time, waiting for the signal to begin their mass insurrection. I’m telling you this as a man who was once attacked by a ten pound rabbit. My wife insists it was a mistake. The “poor, sweet” bunny thought I was sitting on top of his snacks, but I know better. The public at large may have mocked Jimmy Carter back in the day, but the killer rabbit threat is all too real and represents only a part of the overall conspiracy.
We took our male kittens to the clinic today to be neutered. I was just in the spare room checking up on them, and I could feel their vengeful intent, dulled as it was by the vestiges of their anesthesia daze. One doesn’t have to be a Rex Harrison (or even an Eddie Murphy) to understand what little Witch Baby (Leon Trotsky in Felis silvestris catus form) was thinking as he glared at me with those sinister copper eyes. “Payback’s a bitch, you hairless ape. Now scratch my tummy and bring me some Pounce.”
Here are two spooktacular tracks dealing with the theme of animal insurrection:
Erasure – Supernature (from EBX 3, 2001) – Consider this my modest little nod in honor of National Coming Out Day. When I was first deciding on a tracklist for the Halloween countdown, I briefly considered using Cerrone’s original version of this Lene Lovich composition, but passed on it for some reason I can’t recall. (Credit goes to synthpop snob Kevin Church for reminding me of this excellent cover. )
Wall of Voodoo – Animal Day (from Dark Continent, 1981) – REISSUE. THIS. ALBUM. NOW. PLEASE.


1 comments:
From your blog to God's ears. I second your wish to see the Wall of Voodoo reissued.
Post a Comment