This one’s for Jim, faithful disciple of Halford: Judas Priest’s “Breaking the Law” from 1980’s British Steel LP. This track frequently finds its way onto the mix CD's I use for driving music, and was on the disc I used to christen my faithful chariot, Super Lumina.
My own metal phase was mercifully short, but I still maintain a certain degree of respect for Rob Halford. Any metal frontman willing to dress like Joe Jackson is ok in my book.
Disclaimer: Amagideon Time does not assume responsibility for any suicide-inducing backward messages in posted content. If you are a sad, shitkicker, shop-class cutting, denim jacketed heavy metal loner, please do not listen to content under the influence of cheap booze and/or pot. Failure to follow these guidelines may cause one to swallow the barrel of a twelve gauge shotgun.
Monday, August 14, 2006
so much for the golden future
Posted by
bitterandrew
at
8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
FANTASTIC!
Sincerely,
Jim
I love it! Especially when he bends the bars back and the cardboard guitar the guard plays. Excellent!
It wasn't until I saw that VH1 history of metal that I discovered that the cardboard guitar figured into the British metal scene of the late 70's. Some fans got it in their heads to bring them to shows to "play" along with the band --the precursor to the air guitar.
Post a Comment