As reality has repeatedly ignored my demands that it conform to my myopic personal vision, I have have been left with no choice but to respond in a manner befitting a mature adult. Since the bugs have not yet been worked out of the holdmybreathuntiliturnblue HTML tags, I will have to resort to the power of HIATUS!
Yes, a honest-to-gosh suspension of effort, because there is no means of protest as powerful as choosing to do nothing at all. Do you think I'm joking? Do you think this is just a bluff masking my desperate need for attention?
I'll show you. I'll show you all. Bear witness to the power of....THE HIATUS!
Cue the theme music!
Jeff & Jane Hudson - The Girl from Ipanema (from 1982's World Trade EP)
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
......
There. I hope you've all learned a valuable lesson.
So, what did I miss while I was away?


5 comments:
Does it count against me that when I was a lad, watching "THAT GIRL" episodes, that I had a huge crush on Marlo Thomas?
She had some kind of "approachable brunette geek" girl vibe (that would later be a must on web-comics, as you have noted).
I also had a different kind of crush on Lynda Carter, but then again, what young red-blooded American boy didn't?
And don't say "not the gay ones".
I've found that they crushed on her just as much.
Anyway, a Hiatus sounds like a good idea.
I TRIED to go on a "stay-cation" last week to get some house projects done, but ended up STILL answering work emails and processing art requests for "emergencies" (translated to; "Some executive had it sitting on their desk until they unearthed it at the last second").
I need a vacation.
~P~
PTOR
Were you gone?
And I may never forgive you for that version of Girl From Impanema. I'm gonna have to play and replay the Sergio Mendez version twenty times at least to get this one out of my head...
OOH!
I just played the track and LOVE it.
Was I not meant to?
My tastes are a bit...er... "off" from societal norms.
I mean, as a young lad, back-issues of the 1st run, and a brand new 2nd series of MAN-THING was my gateway comic.
~P~
PTOR
it's a really great version!
at first, it reminds me a david bowie style.
Post a Comment