Sunday, March 02, 2008

bad-dads need love, too

The Brain-Emperor has an entire planet under his mental domination.

The Brain-Emperor has a really cool spaceship with an EXTOPLASMIKTM robotic arm attachment.

The Brain-Emperor has a strike force of ultra-villains at his beck and call.

The Brain-Emperor has a well-stocked arsenal chock-full of terrifying and implausible instruments of mass destruction.

Yet all the material wealth and temporal power he has amassed for himself mean nothing without the one thing that the Brain-Emperor requires more than anything else..

...and that thing is external validation of the most pathetic variety. Sad, isn't it?

(From The Mighty Crusaders #1, November 1965)

Echobelly - I Can't Imagine a World Without Me (from Everybody's Got One, 1994) - One thing I've noticed about Echobelly is that they're a band that tends to elicit either strong positive or negative reactions when mentioned in casual conversation. I like their music well enough, and thought their live show was pretty phenomenal, too.

1 comments:

Mondo said...

Loved the 'belly when they were buzzing , 'King Of The Kerb' was a cracker - but never saw them live unfortunatley.