Tuesday, March 25, 2008

damn the consequences


Garbage - When I Grow Up (from Version 2.0, 1998) - It's not conformity. It's evolution. Being able to let things go is just as important as knowing what to hold on to.

As for Garbage, I was emphatically unimpressed with the band upon their debut, as they seemed to be simply a vehicle for alterna-angst and crotch shots. (When the band performed "Only Happy When It Rains" at an MTV awards show back in the mid-1990's, there was a decidedly disturbing gynecological approach to the videography.) My originally negative reaction to the band has mellowed somewhat over the years, to the point where I have to admit that they were among the most enjoyable of the mainstream-in-alternative-clothing acts foisted on the world during the Clinton years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!!!

Bully said...

One would think Jess would make him dress better than his violet suit.

bitterandrew said...

Baby steps, Bully. Baby steps.

First Tim's complete run of Tarot, then the purple polyester suit....