Tuesday, May 22, 2007

visual synergy: table for eight, please

I'm feeling a bit peckish. Anyone else fancy a bite to eat? There's plenty of room at the table...


Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers - Exposing the machinations of the global Parcheesi conspiracy. Peter Gabriel's pioneering work in posing dramatically while holding a giant flashlight would have a massive influence on Frankie Goes to Hollywood a couple years down the line.


Ratt - Round and Round - You bring the D-Con; I'll bring the glue traps.


INXS - The One Thing - It's like that one scene from Fielding's Tom Jones, but run through an early 80's low budget music video filter.

Don't listen to the naysayers; cat fur makes everything taste better.


Tenpole Tudor - Swords of a Thousand Men - I'm happy to say that I've never eaten at one of those medieval-themed restaurants, nor ever had the desire to eat at one. I also make it a point to steer clear of Renaissance "faires" on general principle. If I have to see a bunch of people in period costumes acting foolish, I want some oddball punk rock thrown into the mix, which is where these guys come in. Frontman Edward Tudor-Pole has also had a long and interesting acting career, having starred in such films as The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle (where he sang "Who Killed Bambi"), several Alex Cox productions, and the utterly abysmal adaptation of Colin MacInnes's Absolute Beginners.

Tenpole Tudor - Swords of a Thousand Men (from Eddie, Old Bob, Dick and Gary, 1981)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wunderbar!

Highlander said...

Not forgetting Ed Tudor-Pole presenting 'The Crystal Maze' - a team based gameshow set around themed areas - for 2 series. Did a decent job following original host Richard O'Brien (of Rocky Horror fame).

Nazz Nomad said...

I saw Ed Tudor-Pole portray Riff Raff (another Richard O'Brien link!) in the London version of the Rocky Horror Show in 1990.

Nuzz Prowlin' Wolf said...

Always put on a good live show, did Tenpole, nice guy as well.