I'm too busy tossing paperclips at my current sword of Damocles to cobble together anything substantive at the present time, so I hope you won't be too disappointed if I gear down into low content mode until next Wednesday.
And so, without further ado, I present this pair of advertisements culled from Young Love #112 (October-November 1974):
Lesson #1: Write a short paragraph in which you promise easy money in exchange for minimal effort.
Lesson #2: Run the paragraph as an ad in a periodical where the audience is known to be somewhat impressionable and lacking better judgement.
Lesson #3: Kick back, rake in the cash, and read up on offshore banking schemes.
Placed directly underneath the above ad was this minimalist appeal to "the kidz":
LIKE GUNZ? HATE EVERYBODY? WANT YOUR FACE ON THE TEN O'CLOCK NEWZ? You'll LOVE Schoolstoppers Textbook 2008 Edition! You pay us 25 cents, then you make them all pay!
A Popular History of Signs - Halcyon Days (from Comrades, 1984) - Some subdued synthwave for a rather cold and gray day. This is April, right? Because I am sure as heck not feeling it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment