I'm going to be busy today picking up the threads of workaday life I left dangling during my recent ordeal, so pardon me if I resort to a cheap, decontextualized gag for today's post...
...say, for instance, the "lost" Hulk clip from VH-1's I Love the 80's: Uncalled Four?
I don't know why the producers didn't use it it the show. It's light-years more insightful than Loni Love's ("This was a CUBE named RUBIK and EVERYONE was just CRAZY about it.") or Henry Rollins's (insert overreaching attempt at too-cool-for-school edginess here) segments.
All that's missing is a tangentially-related 80's track used as background music.
Kim Wilde - Chequered Love (from Kim Wilde, 1981)
There you go.
(The sequence actually comes from the final issue of Blip, Marvel's short-lived attempt at cashing in on the early 80's videogame craze. It's a subject that I'd like to mock examine in depth eventually, but not today.)
Thursday, January 10, 2008
the name of the game
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
great post, great clip, the hulk is awesome
Glad your tooth episode is over with (fingers crossed). I don't know how many more of those posts I could read - like watching that bit in Marathon Man over and over.
Post a Comment